• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People tethering data with $10 or cheaper plans, how much data?

For those on tmobile who are tethering their behold 2 with $10 or cheaper data plans, including tzones, how much data do you transfer in a month?

has tmobile ever called you out for using too much, nor question why you have this cheap plan on an android smart phone?

im sure someone out there is abusing this, just want some reassurance.

They throttled me after tethering on the $30 "unlimited plan" I went from almost 10MB/s on a regular basis to less than 80KB/s after 2 days.

I wish I could get a refund for PDAnet now.

Reactions: eugenile
Upvote 0
They throttled me after tethering on the $30 "unlimited plan" I went from almost 10MB/s on a regular basis to less than 80KB/s after 2 days.

I wish I could get a refund for PDAnet now.

If they are throttling you, you need to call and asking for Customer Loyalty. Explain to them that you either want a full refund for all months paid for the plan or they need to stop throttling your V^(mb down & up). But first make sure you aren't just getting a weak signal so you don't look like a d-bag b/c you didn't pay attention to your bars. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones