• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

People Without Social Media?

G+ is, I feel, a more mature group. Or depends on which communities you join and what you're into. I get most of my tech news there as well as tech in education, which is something I'm interested in

I guess it does depend. I found it to be a lot of trolls.

I find the communities and people I circle do make good posts. If I am dissatisfied with certain people or communities, I uncircle them and leave the communities. There are often multiple communities for any given topic. Over time, I find my experience improves as I refind my circles and communities.

Upvote 0
Every one of my public email addresses is on LinkedIn's "do not contact" list (I got annoyed by it nagging me when people would try linking, so I blocked every address I thought people who didn't know me well enough to know I'd never join might find).

When I installed LinkedIn, I think I fat fingered the button that emailed all of my contacts to join. It may have been that I had no other choice, so on behalf of all your friends that did this, I'm sorry.

I did get my current job through LinkedIn, so it's not all bad. Over the summer I was getting messages about 2 times a week from recruiters looking to fill vacancies.

Upvote 0
quick question here where would blogging be? I mean would that be considered to be social media?

I hadn't thought about that, but it would depend in part what you mean by blogging. If you write a blog piece under your real name and other people can comment on it, then that would count. And I guess it would count if you comment to a blog piece using your own name. But not if it's anonymous--that would be little different than here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones