• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Philips TV cannot play Spotify continuously

hanenjim3

Lurker
Dec 30, 2016
Hey All, I have a strange problem with my Smart TV 43PUS 9235/12. I like to play Spotify to listen to my favourite music (old C&W, Big Bands, Peggy Lee ) but when I do the app stops playing after the advertisements. Sometimes after the first, sometimes after the second or third ad.
I already refreshed the Firmware of the TV, I cleared the cache for the Spotify app, I removed the App altogether and reinstalled it but no solution. I already contacted Spotify itself and Philips for solutions?

Here are some troubleshooting steps you could try to resolve the issue of Spotify stopping after ads on your Philips Android Smart TV:

- Make sure both the TV and Spotify app are fully updated to the latest versions. Install any available updates.

- Restart the TV and try playing Spotify again. Sometimes a simple restart can fix app issues.

- Check your TV settings and turn off any battery optimization/app power saving modes for Spotify. This may prevent it from being shut down aggressively.

- Delete and reinstall the Spotify app again. Be sure you are installing the Android TV version from the Google Play store on the TV.

- Disable and re-enable Spotify's permissions, like storage access, in the TV's app settings. Clearing permissions can fix problems.

- Try a different music streaming app like Google Play Music to rule out a general audio issue vs a Spotify specific problem.

- As a last resort, perform a factory reset on the TV to clear any corrupted data/software issues. Just be sure to backup important data first.

If the issues persist after trying the above, I would suggest contacting Philips support again, providing details of the troubleshooting you have performed. There may be a software bug or compatibility issue they need to resolve through a system update on the TV.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hello, I did remove and reinstall the Spotify app, cleared its cache. The FW of the TV itself is the latest version already. When I play a spotify list, like the discover weekly suggestions then the ads come up and block the continuation. When I play a 3 hour recording of a radio station ( one huge file) there are no ads and the program just plays on. The same free Spotify via my laptop or desktop gives no problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones