• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone answers itself after one ring

new optimus

Android Expert
Mar 10, 2011
Jax Fl
Hi I have a evo 4g with decks gingerbread 1.3 and recently my phone started answering itself, Not in pocket just sitting on my desk or in my hand I get one ring and the call is in progress.

I believe there has to be a setting for that I must have changed without knowing it. I have looked and can not seem to find it does anyone know where that setting is on decks gingerbread 1.3?

Hi I have a evo 4g with decks gingerbread 1.3 and recently my phone started answering itself, Not in pocket just sitting on my desk or in my hand I get one ring and the call is in progress.

I believe there has to be a setting for that I must have changed without knowing it. I have looked and can not seem to find it does anyone know where that setting is on decks gingerbread 1.3?

Have you cleared Dalvic and Cache?

Upvote 0
Hey there!

I moved your thread over to the all things root section where it will get more views from rooted users
Thanks, I didnt think it was a root issue but it looks like root section is the most common used section :D
Have you cleared Dalvic and Cache?
Yes I did.
I found out why it was doing, though still can not determine the cause.

It seems to be a issue with using the prevail as a donor phone. Switched it back to the incognito and problem went away.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I didnt think it was a root issue but it looks like root section is the most common used section :D

If your rooted, its best to put it in the all things root section because theres lots more troubleshooting options that you can perform with a rooted phone versus a nonrooted one.

The other EVO forums are slow so to get people to see your thread and respond quickly it pretty much has to be in here :p

I usually only check the other sections at the end of the day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones