• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone broke, Need to get data.

What should I replace my S2 with?

• Stick with HTC One?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get Samsung S4?

• Get LG G2?

• Total voters

Astatine

Lurker
Jul 25, 2013
Hello all, I just broke my S2's screen and wouldnt you know it, usb debug was off. Now I cant get my data off of the phone b/c the screen will not recognize my finger(contacts, SMS, etc)

Is there anyway I can get the data off of my S2 so that I can transfer it to my new HTC One?

and yes, I do have a Nandroid backup so I'm not totally f'd but is would just like to get all of my new contacts and SMS off of the S2

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

BTW, I am getting the HTC one but I still have 15 days to switch to either S4 or LG 2. Should I stick with the HTC One, or switch it up and get the S4 or LG 2?

:smokingsomb:

1) For me, the G2 isn't even on the long list. It's too difficult to get the battery out if it decides to overheat. I don't know HTC. So far I stick with Samsung. (Used to be Motorola, but who knows how good Motnovo will be?)

2) Standard shop operation - replace the screen with a parted screen (one taken from a "parts phone") and get all the data off.

3) Contacts that are entered as Account contacts (which all of them should be) are already backed up - by Google.

4) Anything not backed up to at least 2 independent devices is data we don't really need. If it's important to worry about, it's important enough to back up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones