• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone charging issue

Mawoni

Lurker
Aug 23, 2019
My USB cable is quite loose whenever I plug it in. I need to fiddle quite a lot for the phone to even recognize that it's charging, and even then, the percentage doesn't go up (I managed to charge it once but have been unlucky since). I feel like I should mention that the charging issues were preceding by dropping the phone in the sink with running water screen up a couple of times, but I managed to grab the phone in ~2 seconds, safely shut it down and leave it open to dry for a full day in both cases. It has been at least two months since the aforementioned incident so I assume the phone is and safe from short circuit and potential corrosion? (Because if any water was left to cause the corrosion I doubt I would have a working phone now). One thing that has changed since water damage apart from charging issues is that the battery seems to go down at a quicker rate. I did all the basic troubleshooting (different cable, wall adapter, plug to PC, etc.) with no effect. Cleaning out the port also didn't help as the cable is still loose. Could this be caused by water? Is there no way than to replace the port? Any and all help appreciated

(Attaching USB port pictures, quality is the best I could.)
https://imgur.com/a/VJ1Qrg3

If you're having a problem with a loose connection between the USB port and the plug end of USB cable, that's a hardware issue. When you plug in your USB cable, it's held in place by friction fit. Since you tried different cables it's very unlikely the plug end on each has wore down the same way.That would indicate the USB port being the issue. Some phones do have things like the USB port being modular and readily replaceable, but most of them involve a matter where the USB port is soldered directly to the motherboard. Phones may appear to be roughly the same in appearance but internally they are very different with a really wide range of varying hardware configurations. What phone model you do have?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones