• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone charging question

kollarism

Aug 19, 2010
Quick side note--I'm not sure why everyone is complaining about the battery life. I easily get 16-24hrs of moderate use. I came from the Samung Captivate, and it would last me 12-16hrs MAX on moderate use. Anyway...

I noticed that the battery actually charges very fast...probably a full charge in 1.5hrs. I generally plug my phone in overnight. My questions is, does the phone stop charging once it hits 100%, or is it harming the battery to keep it plugged in overnight?

I have always left my phones plugged in overnight and never had any battery problems from that. I would say maybe leaving it plugged in for days multiple times might not be recommended. When you are charging your phone is it off or on? If it is left on while charging then it will be using power. Sometimes I noticed when I charge my phone while on and it reaches 100% and I take it off a little bit after it will immediately drop to maybe 98% but when I charge it off and turn it on at 100% then the battery meter shows 100%

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones