• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone contacts

oogah

Jul 28, 2011
Midlands
Hi I'm a newbie so apologies if this has already been convered but is there anyway of syncing my phone contacts to my computer without all of the contacts from my coputer ending up on my phone.

I have a lot of work contacts on my computer that I don't want on my phone but I want to make sure that I have a copy of my phone contacts on my computer in case i loose the phone or it breaks.

I use Outlook Express

First export your phone contacts to your SD card People > Import/Export > Export to SD card > Phone > OK

Then copy the file to your PC and import the contacts to Outlook Express. The file is in .vcf format or vCard which Outlook Express recognises.

I use Outlook, so I think it shouldn't be much different from Outlook Express, although you might have to find a work-around to import them there, e.g. import them first into Windows Contacts or Address Book, then from there into Outlook Express. (I think before 2007, Outlook (Express) couldn't read .vcf files with more than one contact in. However, it's possible with a work-around.)

Reactions: oogah
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones