• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone dictionary editing?

t147

Jun 27, 2012
I don't know if anyone can help with this, and I'm fairly sure (in fact certain) that it's only come about since upgrading to JB but I'm having this real irritation when I text or email.

When I put in a comma, question mark, apostrophe or anything like that after a word it then saves the whole thing into the dictionary. For example, if I write "How's your day been, not too busy I hope etc .....". The next time I write the word 'been' it defaults to "been," (eg. "I've been, waiting for a reply ..."). Obviously it's easily corrected, just becoming a real annoyance.

Is there an obvious way to amend this?

Thanks

(I use the 'swype' method of typing, or whatever the HTC equivalent is called, if that makes any difference)

Well since I don't currently have JB I'm not sure about that, but I do want to say I'm not surprised you're having issues because HTCs swype equivalent is total garbage. I miss my Samsung for that reason especially. Actually, as I'm writing this on my htc I noticed the words that will potentially save turn orange and only save if you actually select it to insert. Could you be selecting them and accidentally saving? Maybe you have to type for example "been" then space, backspace then type your special character so they don't save. Kind of a hassle I know, but like I said htc "swype" is garbage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones