• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone doesn't sync

DGRYAN1977

Aug 6, 2010
Hello

My phone is not syncing with verizon back up or gmail.
I recently went into verizon back up website and there was 1 contact which I had just added recently. I went into gmail and that particular contact was not listed.

Any suggestions? Any advice?

Thanks

Hello

My phone is not syncing with verizon back up or gmail.
I recently went into verizon back up website and there was 1 contact which I had just added recently. I went into gmail and that particular contact was not listed.

Any suggestions? Any advice?

Thanks

When you added the contact did you select PHONE - GOOGLE - EXCHANGE (if using). This is at the TOP of the ADD contact area.

If you added to PHONE, it will not goto google/gmail (I think).

Upvote 0
He was already a facebook contact so I just edited it and added his number.
I thought google sync would automatically enter it.
I also don't get what the point of Verizon back up is if it only backs up that one contact.

I do not use VZW Backup so I can not tell you how that works. I also do not sync my FB contacts.

I know that if I add a contact via phone, I have to select GOOGLE (or my exchange) to tell it where to sync.

You should be able to add that person and then click the GREEN link bar to link the FB contact to your phone contact.

Upvote 0
C
ok I figured it out. W
hen I want to add a phone number to someone I am friends with on Facebook I need to add as a new person, select google and then link them.

You said you do not use Verizon back up. How do you disable it?

Thanks

I used when I first got but then wiped phone and just did not input pin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones