• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone doesn't work on wifi

One thing that you can try is to go into settings->applications->manage applications. Wait for the list the refresh and look for market. Tap it and tap the button "clear data". See if the market now works.

You mention WiFi - are you sure that it's connected? Does the browser app connect to any web sites? If not, try settings->wireless & networks, find the WiFi AP you are connected to, tap and hold on the name and tell it to forget the network. Try to connect again.

If neither work, try a factory reset again.

Upvote 0
One thing that you can try is to go into settings->applications->manage applications. Wait for the list the refresh and look for market. Tap it and tap the button "clear data". See if the market now works.

You mention WiFi - are you sure that it's connected? Does the browser app connect to any web sites? If not, try settings->wireless & networks, find the WiFi AP you are connected to, tap and hold on the name and tell it to forget the network. Try to connect again.

If neither work, try a factory reset again.

That's the thing, the browser works and everything, and when i try to go into the market it says "Service unavailable try again later". It connects to wifi but i can't use any apps only browser. And when I go to clear data it doesn't give me the option to, it's just grayed out.

Upvote 0
That's the thing, the browser works and everything, and when i try to go into the market it says "Service unavailable try again later". It connects to wifi but i can't use any apps only browser. And when I go to clear data it doesn't give me the option to, it's just grayed out.

A few more things to try:

- Open Google Talk (the app "Talk" in the drawer) and connect. See if that helps

- In the settings->applications->manage applications market app, is there a button that says "uninstall updates"? Try hitting that and try again.

If neither works, try another factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones