• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Enters Airplane Mode At Random!!!

To your benefit I would hope the reason you didn't stick it out is your a doctor and you have to have a fully functional phone based on your name but I also have to say I am amazed that your only four posts basically state the same thing and you didn't bother to trouble shoot. You could have also tried to replace it and see if that corrected the issue instead of trying to slam the phone and make it seem it is bad. I am sure there are thousands of customers that have this phone and only a few with these issues but they try to replace the phone and take steps to correct it. Not just join a forum to complain about something they honestly could have cared less about. You have 30 days. why not try to make it work? Any forum I have ever joined is not only to try to find a fix for something that may be wrong. I alos like to find out what else others discover (in this case on the phone) that I may not normally find on my own. Sorry to rant but coming from an Instinct forum I hate seeing only negative people on a forum.
My wife is on her third Samsung phone (Tribute, I think?). We just picked up the third one today... and the first two had the "goes into airplane mode" problem. With the first phone, I assumed it was something she was doing... until we traded phones for a day and her phone just laid on my desk... and still went into airplane mode. We're planning to return the Samsung and get another phone, if this third one goes into airplane mode for no obvious reason. JFWIW, our carrier said they had not heard of this problem... but that's not what posts on the various fora say... :-(

Upvote 0
Here is what I discovered today after experiencing the same frustration. When you press the lower right hand key to turn off the phone, a screen opens with 3 options:
1. SILENT MODE 2. AIRPLANE MODE 3. POWER OFF
The screen is sensitive. Be extremely careful as to not touch the middle option (Turn on/off airplane mode) That option is the true indicator of whether your Moment is in airplane mode or not. The "check box" in settings is secondary. Uncheck that as well. Since making this discovery my problem was immediately eliminated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones