1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Phone Froze For The First Time =\

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kstuffer, Aug 14, 2010.

1. kstuffer

kstuffer Member

just ended a call. phone froze up. i could see a dim image of the screen but nothing was happening. tried power button etc for 5 minutes. had to pull battery out. pulled tab off when i first got phone so i had to resort to my knife. cut the battery a little bit getting it out.

feels bad man.

anyone else have your phone completely freeze?

2. haticK

haticK Well-Known Member

ive had it freeze a couple times due to something with the voice recognition thing not starting up properly but it ends up working again and asks me if i want to wait or force close it

3. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast

Yep...the voice thing has got me too...also I have had to reboot my phone because the headphone jack would not work but after reboot it works...:mad:

4. esn

esn Android Enthusiast

I am waiting on a replacement for multiple freeze ups and reboots. It happens at different times I can't pinpoint what causes it but besides all that it is a great device!

5. blown-droid

blown-droid Newbie

same here.

6. wharpig

wharpig Member

I am going on almost 1 month and havent had a freeze up yet...knock on wood...but I do power on/off my phone every couple days. My old BB I was lucky to not get a reboot almost daily.

7. kstuffer

kstuffer Member

do you do that just because? I just keep my phone on. maybe it will help.

8. jreed2560

jreed2560 Android Expert

go my replacement phone on Friday. I've been using the hell out of it, with no freezes! :D I'm loving this phone right now.

9. drhill

drhill Android Expert

swype freezes my phone at least once a week.

10. whitrome

whitrome Newbie

Had my X for 3 weeks now, yesterday had my first freeze. Had to battery pull, diffuicult since my tab was also pulled out-not even by me, by my techie friend who I trusted to set it up better than I would, grr. Anyway, it then took more than 7 minutes to boot up, and has frequently been laggy and rebooted on it's own since then, with multiple missed calls occuring. Looks like I know where I'll be spending my lunch break today :(

11. mahers

mahers Android Expert

I have had mine for 4 weeks today, and never had a freeze until I read this thread! Had one last night. I was logged into Facebook, walked away for a sec, came back to see my browser had closed and I was on my homescreen, but nothing worked until I pulled the battery. Hope that doesn't happen again...you people need to stop with these jinx threads!:eek:

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews