• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps rebooting.

I bought my 1st one last Wednesday, had about 5 restarts between lunch and the end of my workday... was actually just not responding from hibernate, would have to pull battery to get it back on. I tried to exchange it that night after reading this and other threads, but they talked me into letting them do a factory reset and see if that helped. Sadly, it didn't, but I was out of town (with a flaky phone) until Saturday, so I exchanged it then. No reboots since then I'm happy to say. Sadly, I did just start getting the text error... but still very happy with the phone. Don't want to talk to people anyways :p

Upvote 0
You do know most people's work just fine right? Out of all of these phones sold off course there is going to be a few defective ones. Mine is working great. Just buy from a local store with a return policy and you'll be fine. This isn't the Motorola triumph. That was a phone with major problems....

Oh, I am still considering it, but with the dismal experience I had with the Warp, I am doing alot of reading & researching about it before I jump on board. Maybe I will put this out there, and you all can be the judge.
4G is not an option where I live (S.W. Lower MI). 3G is good as long as I'm not in my house (security screens on all the windows make reception on Sprint/Boost/VM signals almost null, dropping from 4 bars outside the door to no bars inside except certain ares of the house. Even then, the best is maybe a bar or two that flucuates). And even though making calls is important, data use is more so for me. It will be my 2nd phone, but I need it to be quick & reliable when I want it to, though I'm aware it will never live up to my Note. Spec wise, it is up to par. I just want it to be in real world use.

Upvote 0
Mine kept rebooting. I returned it for another phone after trying the tape, disabling wifi, and other tricks noted on this thread. No problems at all with the new phone. Radio Shack treated me very well after I showed them the note on the receipt saying I could return to any store. It appears my rebooting issue was a hardware problem.

Upvote 0
You obviously have something wrong with your phone. Mine has not rebooted at all and I've had it for a week. My Triumph used to reboot randomly all the time until I put CM7 on. But that was a software issue. Yours sounds like a hardware issue (since we have the same software and mine doesn't have that issue).

Can you tell me how to put CM7 on my phone? I have a problem with my phone (Huawei Ascend) rebooting all by itself even when just sitting on the table. I found a thread where someone had the same issue with his AND his wife's idetical phones both doing the same thing and he said both stopped after he put CM7 on them but no one has said how to do that and I am afraid I will mess up my phone worse if I do it wrong. Help!

Upvote 0
Can you tell me how to put CM7 on my phone? I have a problem with my phone (Huawei Ascend) rebooting all by itself even when just sitting on the table. I found a thread where someone had the same issue with his AND his wife's idetical phones both doing the same thing and he said both stopped after he put CM7 on them but no one has said how to do that and I am afraid I will mess up my phone worse if I do it wrong. Help!

You're posting in the wrong forum.

Upvote 0
It reboots by itself when it's not
xiaowang0.jpg

xiaowang1.jpg

xiaowang2.jpg

xiaowang3.jpg

test3.jpg

Upvote 0
For random restart problems try:

Go to settings, wireless&networks, wifi settings, click the four square button on bottom left of phone. Pick advanced, wifi sleep policy and select never. Click cancel to exit. Thats it. Worked for me

This solution worked for me. I was having multiple restarts each day and once I changed these settings, the problem went away.

Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones