1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Phone rebooting after midnight?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MrHerbDaily, Oct 18, 2016.

1. MrHerbDaily

MrHerbDaily Well-Known Member

So within the last month and a half I witnessed my phone reboot twice on its own while it was just laying on my desk. Happened once over a month ago, and happened again last night. The Metro boot screen would suddenly pop up and proceed to load. I don't know if its full reboot or a "soft reboot" as it loads a lot quicker than it would if I manually rebooted. I have had my old zmax do this once as well. Never had this happen while using the phone, and the few times it has happened, it has always happened after midnight. Not sure if its the phone or if metro is rebooting our phones remotely for some reason? Anyone else?

Advertisement

2. 5318008

5318008 Well-Known Member

I've had it reboot randomly a few times earlier when I first had it, but not in the last couple of weeks that I'm aware of. Now that I think about it, since I unlocked it and I'm using it on T-Mobile now, I wonder if it actually was Metro doing something to it? When mine did reboot though it wasn't often but it wasn't always at the same time, had it happen during the day at least once or twice.

MrHerbDaily likes this.
  3. Elix9000

Elix9000 Well-Known Member

its a software glitch its in the works. No one is hacking systems or remotely rebooting it happens when software is rushed.

MrHerbDaily likes this.
  4. MrHerbDaily

MrHerbDaily Well-Known Member

Oh I know its not hacking. I was just thinking maybe Metro is sneaking in a tiny update or something. Kind of like cable companies do. They will update your box late at night and then remotely reboot it. As far as a software glitch, I've had this same problem with my old zmax that ran on 4.4.4 software. Did they not fix it ever since?

5. Elix9000

Elix9000 Well-Known Member

Same.issue different reason, they fixed it with an update for the original zmax, same.for this device

6. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert

For me it's not limited to after midnight.

It is so infrequent that I give it almost zero thought / wouldn't think to mention it otherwise.

It feels like it occurs when memory and/or processor maxed out.

ZTE Zmax Pro

ZTE Zmax Pro