• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone reboots into stock recovery screen whenever it is turned on

redhawkxx

Lurker
Feb 26, 2013
Hey. So I rooted my Incredible 2 back in December and basically set it up just to use tether. I Installed clockworkmod recovery 5.0.2.0 and i believe super one click so that I could use a tether program. That is all that I wanted to do with it.
Anyway now it is February and at random my phone decided it was going to restart. When it finished restarting the screen displayed a box for a second and a loading bar before skipping to a screen with a white triangle and an orange exclamation point on the inside with a green android alien beneath it.

So then I restarted my phone and it boots up like normal so I think the problem is fixed, but then after it fully boots it says "Shutting down" and restarts. Then it goes back to the screen with the white triangle and exclamation point. I can boot into clockword mod and all that, but whenever I try to actually boot the phone it just ends up restarting. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Anything like what? It was a refurbished phone when I got it as an insurance replacement when my last one died. So basically it was a new phone that I had for a week and then decided to root. Then for the most part I just used it like a normal phone, aside from using it to wifi tether to my laptop.

Upvote 0
boot to recovery,then try wiping cache/dalvik and see if the phone will boot. in a worse case,try doing a factory reset. in a worse,worse case,try flashing a new rom or restoring a known working backup.

what DS meant by his question,was had you performed some sort of modification prior tothe phone malfunctioning- changing kernels,flashed a new rom,etc. it could even be as simple and non-root related as installing an app thats wreaking some sort of havok :eek:

Reactions: redhawkxx
Upvote 0
So, I erased the dalik cache, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Just to clarify, the phone does boot all the way, and then it seems to restart right after it is finished, like it is trying to do an update. It goes to a screen with a white box and an orange arrow pointing out of it, and a loading bar. That stays on the screen for like 2 seconds and then disappears. I would prefer not to do a factory reset, but I will do so if there are no other suggestions.

Upvote 0
So, I erased the dalik cache, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Just to clarify, the phone does boot all the way, and then it seems to restart right after it is finished, like it is trying to do an update. It goes to a screen with a white box and an orange arrow pointing out of it, and a loading bar. That stays on the screen for like 2 seconds and then disappears. I would prefer not to do a factory reset, but I will do so if there are no other suggestions.

Did you erase the cache as well? If there is an ota in your phone,cache is where it will be.

If that has no effect,factory reset/ wipe data is the next step. Just do a backup first :)

Reactions: redhawkxx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones