• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Screen Goes Dark

So, no matter what I do, when I'm on a call using my wired headset or on the speakerphone, the screen goes dark after a minute, or so.

I've changed the Settings > Display > Screen Timeout setting to 5 minutes, but that doesn't affect the screen going dark during calls.

I've Googled it, and a lot of people suggest turning off the proximity sensor, but the directions they give don't work with my Android 8.0.0

Can anyone help?

Thanks

So, no matter what I do, when I'm on a call using my wired headset or on the speakerphone, the screen goes dark after a minute, or so.

I've changed the Settings > Display > Screen Timeout setting to 5 minutes, but that doesn't affect the screen going dark during calls.

I've Googled it, and a lot of people suggest turning off the proximity sensor, but the directions they give don't work with my Android 8.0.0

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Developer tools, by tapping up the build number, and there is a setting to stay awake completely, with that should work your problem out :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
You already have developers options available in the settings?

If so, don't worry about tapping the build number.

Anyway, the Stay awake feature in developers options will only work while the device is charging.

You could try an app, one called Coffee.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.muellerma.coffee/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones