• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone screen times out on multimedia dock

I thought I saw a similar thread like this before but I cant seem to find it.

So here is my issue.

I am running BB 0.4 and have been for some time. I use the multimedia dock that launches the clock.apk. The proplem I have is when I hit the dim button for when I go to sleep after a while the screen times out. It lasts for quite some time so it makes me think that once the phone hits 100% it defaults to my 1 minute screen time out because the phone stays on for at least an hour (I know this because ill plug it in and watch some tv then go to bed)

Back when I was on nexbeast or before froyo I used to hit the dim then eventually it would default to a clock that would kind of bounce around the screen.

I dont want to go back to nexbeast but surprisingly enough this is making me angry. I want to be able to use the clock for my room and the alarm clock but I also want to be able to dim the screen so I can sleep.

Anyone else having this issue or does anyone know how to fix it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones