• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone unlocked but no service

bfldworker

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2012
Tennessee
www.facebook.com
I have a T-Mobile variant of the Galaxy S5 it is running 6.0.1, not rooted. I bought it carrier locked. I have MetroPCS so I had to pay for it to unlock it from a website.

I put the metro sim in and it asked for a code, I put the code I got from the site and viola it accepted the sim. Now I am having issues with making calls and using data, the.phone keeps saying something about no network. I am thinking it may be the APN settings. Is there something else I am missing? Do I need to call metro and let them know switched phones?

I have a T-Mobile variant of the Galaxy S5 it is running 6.0.1, not rooted. I bought it carrier locked. I have MetroPCS so I had to pay for it to unlock it from a website.

I put the metro sim in and it asked for a code, I put the code I got from the site and viola it accepted the sim. Now I am having issues with making calls and using data, the.phone keeps saying something about no network. I am thinking it may be the APN settings. Is there something else I am missing? Do I need to call metro and let them know switched phones?
Calling metroPCS is probably the best. I have the ATT variant and I needed to call them. I think it's an IMEI and sim connection with their service.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones