• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone via wifi

P

Phone via wifi

I'm wondering is there a way to use my carrier number for making calls and sms via wifi. But I also want it to work via GMS if I don't have wifi at this moment.
The problem is that I don't have much signal at home and school but I don't want to use a second number for doing my calls via wifi.

You probably want to check with your network to see if they have a way of doing in.

I'm on the Three network in the UK and use their 'Three in touch' app which allows me to register my phone on my WiFi network for calls and sms. I Know other networks here have similar apps.

Alternatively some others offer a little femtocell box that you plug into your router which they use to plug gaps in network coverage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones