• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone won't restart

jtjohnston

Lurker
Aug 14, 2012
I have an Android LG-P500h. It won't turn on after a softwware update.

Today I plugged it into Windows. Windows would not recognise it?? So I ran the LG Support Tool and re-installed the plug ins.

This other phone update application started running and began updating my phone!$!$?

Because it was a real support tool, I let it. It began flashing my phone. At some point in time, the phone fell into "emergency mode" and the "phone update" software could not communicate with the phone. It says "Please disconnect cable ... remove & connect battery. Power on your phone and press the restart button to resume update."

The phone won't even turn on now. Now what do I do? Have I lost my phone entirely? I have seen other posts, but no magic trick to start my phone.

My battery is fully charged up. That is not the issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones