• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone wont start from power off without bpull

mrfranswa

Lurker
May 5, 2011
Hey everyone. First post with new droid x. Man this thing does everything! Neways here's my issue: I got a certified refurbished for 100 less than a new one. As you can prob guess it has the battery pull and overnight battery drain problems. I took it to Verizon earlier today. And they are sending me a brand new one!

Here's the thing. I would REALLY like to have TWO droid x phones so I want to try and fix this sucker myself. Anyone who can helpp will get major kudos points from me. So here's the situation:

A: I can reliably duplicate the battery pull issue EVERY time the phone iscompletely shut off. If you don't know it is where you can't turn the phone on without yanking out the battery. It doesn't matter what the charge level is. Other posters specify they only need to do this a few times. On my phone it is EVERY time.

- it ia repeatable
- hard and soft resets have not fixed this.
- the men card is not corrupt. I switched it and no change.
- the phone is up to date.

B: this morning I foundthe battery completely drained. Last night before bed ithad over 90% charge.

C: the phone sometimes randomly resets for no reason. Duoring calls, or in the middle of f posting here (hinthint).

Any help fixing this is greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones