• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos taken with Ace 4 camera are pale and washed out

Ilydowa

Lurker
Apr 28, 2016
Hi, there!

I need a little help with my Samsung Galaxy Ace 4's camera.

When I turn on the camera and focus, the image looks clear and vibrant, nice colors great contrast. Then suddenly it goes grayish and pale (or appears like that after I took the shot), and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. All my photos are pale and washed out.

I tried:
- changing display mode from Basic to Adaptive, but it's not helping, just hurting my eyes
- it still appears pale on the computer screen, so I knew this wouldn't solve my problem, but I tried anyway...​
- playing around with camera settings (not like there is room for many changes):
- exposure: I know the photos will be paler at higher exposures, so I lowered it, but it didn't help
- white balance: not many to chose from and they all feel unnatural, and images are still grey​
- googling my problem​

I might just have to accept my camera sucks, but as a hobby photographer, who loves bright images, it really upsets me.

If you have any ideas or advice or anything useful please share!

Thank You!​
In reality this image has very vibrant colors
2016-02-16 09.46.38.jpg

This image also
2016-04-11 16.26.55.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones