• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos/videos that I didn't take on "new" device

Sunlis

Lurker
May 30, 2011
I got a new S2 yesterday with Rogers (upgraded from my old iPhone 3G), and while exploring Kies I found videos and photos taken a week ago on my phone.

They are under the standard camera directory (DCIM/Camera), so I'm fairly certain they were actually taken on the phone.

Did Rogers give me a phone someone else had returned without wiping it?

yeah sounds fishy.

what are the photos of? in store or out and about

They were photos and videos of some guy watching a movie and looking through a laundry bin.

I'd take it back to the store and complain about selling me a used phone at a new price. Do it in a way so that will give you a new phone and something else in return. Like a case or extra battery.

That's what I did. I demanded account credit for every cent I paid for the phone or a brand new phone. They gave me a new phone, and this time I made them do everything in front of me.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
So my gf's phone has this ( im going to call it) phantom picture that appeared in between two pictures she took back to back. Weird thing is you cant open that image because its showing as one of the two pictures she did take and its a picture of herself obviously wearing make-up when she wasn't even wearing anything but eye-liner that day. Less then 24 hours later (Today)the tumbnail isn't the same. It now shows a tumbnail of the picture it showed when you clicked to enlarge it. Oh she also got a text message from "ANONYMOUS" with nothing in the chat board, but that picture in the send area like when you send a picture to someone...

feel free to contact me on this personally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones