• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pics taken with Razr HD/ Maxx HD

Then you may try other camera apps like Camera 360 or Camera Zoom FX. I'm curious if RHD can get more consistent, better photo results with those apps than stock camera app.

Nope.... They looks worse actually. I've tried several, and the only one that takes pics in focus is the stock app. I've taken several comparison shots and kept coming back to the stock app

Upvote 0
Nope.... They looks worse actually. I've tried several, and the only one that takes pics in focus is the stock app. I've taken several comparison shots and kept coming back to the stock app

Hmm, it doesn't sound good then because comments, samples from others on stock camera photo quality doesn't seem very consistent either. I understand this is just phone camera and I have good digital cams, but there are times that I only have phone to snap photos.

I'm getting RHD soon and the first thing I will test is probably camera against my Gnex. I'm sure it will do better on battery, 4G reception although Gnex got improved with JB. I'm hoping RHD camera is at least as good as Gnex.

Upvote 0
Hmm, it doesn't sound good then because comments, samples from others on stock camera photo quality doesn't seem very consistent either. I understand this is just phone camera and I have good digital cams, but there are times that I only have phone to snap photos.

I'm getting RHD soon and the first thing I will test is probably camera against my Gnex. I'm sure it will do better on battery, 4G reception although Gnex got improved with JB. I'm hoping RHD camera is at least as good as Gnex.

Compared to the nexus, the Razr hd wins by a landslide if you ask me... My galaxy Nexus took horrible pictures. And by the way, I downloaded jelly bean camera+ and so far loving it.... Takes pics about as good as the stock app but with a much better UI

Reactions: Sandroidfan
Upvote 0
I'm coming off a iphone 4S and I love this new Maxx HD!! I heard so many bad things about the camera but so needed a bigger screen and 4gLTE that I switched to verizon and I'm very happy. Just started using the camera today... day 2.. I think the photos are just as good. Not a big enough difference for all this worry about. The interface is a little awkward coming from the iphone 4S but its my noobiness too. I see tons of detail in my photos.. Don't let it hold you back.

Upvote 0
Oh OK, so don't use it all the time. It's kind of special? I notced when I tried it there was no flash option. so it's something for still, good type pictures. I'm an idiot about photography.

I just wanted to make sure If I should be using that all the time. Now I know, thanks

HDR typically won't use flash.

There's also flash bracketing, and then you can combine in programs like photoshop.

My photog background is showing, and moto got it right with no flash for the "hdr" function, and I use that term loosely and 2012ish~!

Upvote 0
Nazarenechurch.jpg

applemac, that is a beautifully composed shot. The colors look a tad washed-out or else it's simply the lighting conditions. But nice set up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones