• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PIN/Password to answer incoming calls?

rexx123456

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
I also would like the option of REQUIRING a PIN/Password to answer incoming calls and that it is useless to set a password just so the phone can unlock itself for call without the option to set otherwise. Currently, as with many phones whether Android or not...If you leave your phone in a room and walk away...anyone can answer your phone.

I find it crazy that many old phone from 10 years ago STAYED locked and most new phones don't :-( Does anyone know of a APP that will allow me to achieve this? My Phone is Optimus M (MS690) Rooted Android Stock Rom v2.2.1

Using apps like Go SMS Pro allow for a global lock under it's security settings. Its the only one I know of that's tried and true. It allows for pattern lock, pin, and password (not all at once of course). Hope this helps you!!!
If you uninstall the messanger your security goes with and I also recommend lookout mobile security incase you loose your phone.

Upvote 0
I also would like the option of REQUIRING a PIN/Password to answer incoming calls and that it is useless to set a password just so the phone can unlock itself for call without the option to set otherwise. Currently, as with many phones whether Android or not...If you leave your phone in a room and walk away...anyone can answer your phone.

I find it crazy that many old phone from 10 years ago STAYED locked and most new phones don't :-( Does anyone know of a APP that will allow me to achieve this? My Phone is Optimus M (MS690) Rooted Android Stock Rom v2.2.1

I understand your feelings towards the issue if it is something you prefer however just like with anything else technology evolves and when newer versions of things are released usually things change for the better, you obviously do not share this perspective however personally I could not imagine dealing with the frustration of having to insert a pin code everytime I needed to answer my phone. I am sorry I do not know of any apps that will allow you to set that type of security for your phone, wish I could help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones