• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

plastic or metal?

Are you the guy who stole my unicorn's horn? Now she just looks like a stupid purple flying horse!

And back on topic,

Wouldn't it be funny if there was a change in production at some point and HTC went from one material to another, so we would have both plastic and metal TBs out there?

great now it will never die. :mad:

Just like on the Dakota 4.7 v8. From 00 to 02 they used magnesium valve covers and from 03 till I guess to this day they use plastic ones.

Upvote 0
:rolleyes:
why would I ck the kick stand when I know its metal.

If you would like I will ck the kick stand.

It is called a control, same reason they have a blind placebo group. Of course you were not conducting a scientific experiment.

great now it will never die. :mad:

Just like on the Dakota 4.7 v8. From 00 to 02 they used magnesium valve covers and from 03 till I guess to this day they use plastic ones.

Muhahahaha my evil scheme is working flawlessly!

Upvote 0
:rolleyes:
why would I ck the kick stand when I know its metal.

If you would like I will ck the kick stand.
Well, you said you went "all over the phone" so I assumed the kickstand got a reading. But yeah, that'd be a control. If the kickstand doesn't register, then your test is meaningless. Might be worth noting before posting. Does any part of the phone register as metal? The power input? The earpiece? The frame around the camera? The kickstand? Take an extra minute to check those and get back to us.

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones