• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Play store error "package file is invalid"!!!

I need help... when updating or installing apps from the play store.. i get this error "package is invalid"... can somebody please help me get a fix for this.. its anoying.

I also sometimes get an error (498).. any suggestions on how to fix?
You probably already knw this but I'll mention it anyways :D if you deleted the stock "web browser" it will cause an issue just like youre having.

Upvote 0
I have a question. I recently ran the updater trying to figure something out for someone. For the first time it didn't take my phone back to out of the box state. My apps and all were still the same. I didn't have root anymore but I also didn't have the crapware nor did I have to renter my info like everytime before. So I noticed today that my playstore is whacked out. I try to go into it and it says loading and then goes back to my home screen. I didn't uninstall anything. I rerooted and put on #2 v1.5. My metroweb, calendars and all are still there. However my downloads aren't. I mean the app, not what I've downloaded in the past. Then there is something else. After reading above I went into my system/apps and I simply can't remember if some of the icons in there before were blue and white? Kinda looks like a blueprint? Then of course I have some with the android head and some with pics. I don't remember the blue and white ones from before though....

also if I try to install an app from the online playstore, from my computer, it doesn't install. acts like it doesn't even try. to be honest the only time i've ever had problems with my playstore before was because deleted the system calendars. The only thing that's missing is the green download app and I don't know how that happened. I didn't delete anything. I'm at a loss

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones