• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

play store my apps not matching whats on the phone

sdowney717

Jan 9, 2017
Had to replace phone.
Logged into play store,
Looking to install missing apps from the play store, but says they are installed.
How do you fix?

Edit, I think I need to add a google account?
Add & use accounts on your device
To start downloading and buying items on the Google Play Store app, you need to add a Google Account on your device. You can repeat the steps below to add multiple accounts to your device.

Add one or multiple Google Accounts
  1. If you haven't already, set up a Google account.
  2. Open your device's Settings app.
  3. Tap Accounts
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=w13-h18
    Add account
    5XXH0IVZcPteZ1ZyYABmy9MmxlMv_8EvE2JrvaBZvNPlIwhMEHhPun4LhukvjjxViQ=w18-h18
    nHFGZ_9xjCh-mP83zMzXQVJF5VYf2n6kwoBIxB2zv3V4VPT4gNTtBye8lYznogLqLPY=w13-h18
    Google
    rq9de3WTgmMqpSVTsN8jS8TwvSsGkweRXBMK
  4. Follow the instructions to add your account.
  5. If needed, repeat steps to add multiple accounts.
Tip: To help prevent accidental or unauthorized purchases, use password protection on your device.

Last edited:
The Library tab will show every app you've ever installed on any device linked to that account.

"Installed" on your phone's Play Store app shows you what you'd expect, while "Library" on the same app shows you the same as "Library" on the website. But you can view the website from any device, not just your phone, so an "installed on this device" view on the website wouldn't really work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones