• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store no longer downloading updates

jaypeecee

Dec 14, 2011
Berkshire, England
Hi Folks.....Play Store will no longer download updates even when it is telling me that there are updates available. When I hit the Update button, it says that it's downloading but that's as far as it gets. The download fails to complete and no update takes place. I have tried this with several apps but without success. I am using the original Nexus 5, running Android 5.1.1. I have checked that data is definitely being downloaded to this device.

Modification-Android.SmsSend.632.origin was recently detected but has been deleted.

Any suggestions?

Go to settings>storage>apps>Google play services>tap >uninstall update, finished, open chrome browser, in Google search box type "Google play services update" hit ,see results, look for Google play services emblem with some notification, tap on emblem, and see in results Google play store icon ,tap on this ,this will lead to play store, see there notification for Google play services updates ,tap here ,finished, play services will be updated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones