• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please HELP. Problem With Music

iancdub

Lurker
Aug 28, 2011
I recently purchased a used MT4GS. I love everything about the phone except for one insanely irritating problem. When skipping through songs on any music player, there is an awful lag. Sometimes it skips a little in the middle of songs but mostly it will just completely freeze for about ten seconds in between songs. This happens about every 5 songs or so. I'm sure you can understand how frustrating this can be when skipping through on shuffle.

I've looked this up on several forums and have not found anything that has fixed mine(most of them were for Samsung phones). Some people recommended deleting the weather widget off of the homescreen, this did nothing. Others recommended a different music player. It does the same thing on the stock music player, winamp and player pro. I was also told to try SetCPU but I do not want to root if I don't have to.

So, has anyone had the same/similar problem? Is it my SD card, a faulty device or is there some easy fix I haven't discovered?

Any direction is much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones