1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Please Help! S4 screen not responding

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by allecto13, Jun 14, 2016.

1. allecto13

allecto13 Lurker
    Jun 14, 2016

Jun 14, 2016
    I am not well-versed in the depths of tech, what I am is frustrated, trying to apply for jobs, waiting for calls....
    In using my phone this am, just checking fb and email, I went and touched an app icon - at that point, the phone froze, and would no longer respond. I didn't think much of it until I tried to turn off the screen, which resulted in nothing. Hard shutoff, restart, still won't work. Removed battery, let it cool off (figuring it had maybe gotten a bit too warm), nothing.
    Now, I have restarted several times, and it will go to the home or lockscreen, but not respond when I touch or swipe. I have a vague memory of seeing my CM Virus software saying something last night, but I don't remember what. Phone has not given a minute of trouble up until today, in over a year of having it. I am freaking out a tiny bit, and my kids & dog would appreciate me not freaking out much longer. If anyone can talk a noob through trying to figure out how to pull a Lazarus on my phone without having to pack everyone up to head out of our rural digs to an ATT store, where they probably will just shrug anyway, I would love and appreciate the assist.