• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please Help! S4 screen not responding

allecto13

Lurker
Jun 14, 2016
I am not well-versed in the depths of tech, what I am is frustrated, trying to apply for jobs, waiting for calls....
In using my phone this am, just checking fb and email, I went and touched an app icon - at that point, the phone froze, and would no longer respond. I didn't think much of it until I tried to turn off the screen, which resulted in nothing. Hard shutoff, restart, still won't work. Removed battery, let it cool off (figuring it had maybe gotten a bit too warm), nothing.
Now, I have restarted several times, and it will go to the home or lockscreen, but not respond when I touch or swipe. I have a vague memory of seeing my CM Virus software saying something last night, but I don't remember what. Phone has not given a minute of trouble up until today, in over a year of having it. I am freaking out a tiny bit, and my kids & dog would appreciate me not freaking out much longer. If anyone can talk a noob through trying to figure out how to pull a Lazarus on my phone without having to pack everyone up to head out of our rural digs to an ATT store, where they probably will just shrug anyway, I would love and appreciate the assist.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones