• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Please help with my note 4

Donny A

Lurker
Apr 16, 2017
I have an Note 4 Android version
6.0.1, SM-N910T
Model number, Baseband version
N910TUVU2EQC1. And all of a sudden I'm experiencing problems. The cell shuts off all by it self then turns it self back on. It also freezes what can I do to stop this. And my battery is draining super fast.
Please help!!
Thanks in advance for your time!!

You might have to wait a while for the new updated firmware to be available at Sammobile, but if the reset doesn't straighten it out, flash the stock firmware with Odin.
Haven't had a S6 to play with but Knox on US Carrier branded devices usually prevent flashing a earlier version.

Upvote 0
There are many many people having the same issue with this phone-me included. This is the workaround that finally seems to be working for me for the last 2 days:

1) Install wake lock - powermanager from the play store (read the reviews-many others having the same issue).
2) Open wake lock and select partial_wake_lock by clicking on it.
3) While the app is open, press and hold down the recent apps button to get to the options menu.
4) Check autostart on boot.

Not sure how long this workaround will work.

Upvote 0
There are many many people having the same issue with this phone-me included. This is the workaround that finally seems to be working for me for the last 2 days:

1) Install wake lock - powermanager from the play store (read the reviews-many others having the same issue).
2) Open wake lock and select partial_wake_lock by clicking on it.
3) While the app is open, press and hold down the recent apps button to get to the options menu.
4) Check autostart on boot.

Not sure how long this workaround will work.
Thank you very much for your help

Upvote 0
I am also thinking it might be your battery. How old is it? I just had a battery issue last week with an aftermarket battery that quit after only 85 days of use. The phone died and wouldn't restart. This was after three hours of mostly standby use after the battery was charged to 100% overnight. Battery was probably at about 94% when it quit. I replaced the aftermarket with the OEM battery and the phone has been fine ever since.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0
Im also experiencing the same issues, when my phone sleeps it randomly turns off sometimes i get "do not turn off target" screen, i have to take out the battery to switch on and i dont think its my battery i bought new from samsung 7-8 months ago, ive resetted but no fix, ive flashed back to 5.1.1 its slightly better but still turns off randomly, all this after the latest update, anybody know of a fix?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones