• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please post here when you receive ics ota

My phone tried to update but now won't boot. It goes to the Clockwork Recovery screen and I think I've bricked my phone. I did the bootloop fix a while ago and it has been working fine since then.

What do I do?

EDIT: Ok weird. I did the bootloop fix again just for the hell of it and it seems to be working. Not sure what version I have now.

EDIT2: Whew, thank god. It says the software update failed. Is it going to keep trying to update it daily? What can I do so I can actually run ICS?

Upvote 0
My phone tried to update but now won't boot. It goes to the Clockwork Recovery screen and I think I've bricked my phone. I did the bootloop fix a while ago and it has been working fine since then.

What do I do?

EDIT: Ok weird. I did the bootloop fix again just for the hell of it and it seems to be working. Not sure what version I have now.

EDIT2: Whew, thank god. It says the software update failed. Is it going to keep trying to update it daily? What can I do so I can actually run ICS?

This has been discussed in tons of threads. All things root has a guide for restoring to pure stock so you can update.

Upvote 0
Anyone having issues with constant YouTube buffering lag when watching on hd? It'snnot my inernet I have dl speeds of 50Mbps. I did a comparison side by side with my galaxy nexus both on wifi and the nexus doesn't have a single buffering, while the spectrum has way toommany. I'm I the only one? If not, is there something I can do? Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok fair enough guys and sorry about that. In my defense though I've now read this entire thread and there are so many references to "that thread I made" or "somewhere else" with no link. There's also no stickied thread about this so I would suggest someone who knows how to do this to write out the instructions and have a mod sticky the thread if you don't want these repeated complaints. Yes, the blame for repeated questions is on us but that won't stop new ones from coming up.

Lastly, after reading this entire thread I realize that I need to either return to stock without CWM or "push it" to my phone, which is apparently so easy, yet no idea how to do from reading.

Upvote 0
Cool, thanks. I found the v7 cab on some Chinese(?) site - seems legit. http://n760.diypda.com/archiver/tid-795392.html

But, if I'm going to use Pwnage tool then put a JB ROM on, I can do all that from OTA v8 safely, right? Assuming I don't do something dumb, that is.
Correct, and it's probably easier to do it that way. Any time you .cab flash, you take the risk of wiping your IMEI. It's extremely rare, but it can happen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones