• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please put all Comparision info (this device vs that device) Here

I guess the consensus is to now wait for the 700T vs buying 201 now?

I had planned on buying the original, but after months of thinking/waiting decided WTH, get the Prime. Upon delving into the Prime reviews, the WIFI issues have almost scared me off. If the 700 is the one to get, I figure I can wait a little longer.

Though after finally deciding, and actually ready to buy, now waiting possible another 3 months is frustrating...
I decided not to wait and ordered the 201. Most people don't seem to have an issue with wifi, so I'll roll the dice.

Upvote 0
I just received and returned a 201 this week. Will hold off and wait for the Infinity.

The unit I received through Amazon after a three-week wait had major light bleed along three sides, and lost wifi connection one room away from the router, where my EVO 3D still pulls between 5 and 7 mbps.

Read to many posts likes this one, guess I'll get the new iPad

Upvote 0
I ordered two TFP's yesterday, one for me and the other a BD gift for a friend. I was going to hold mine back and wait for the 700 but I've been reading articles on the "New iPad" and the dilemma on the magazine/book resolution and file sizes. The fonts in the on line magazines are stretched out causing them too distort and forcing the providers too come up with two screen resolutions for each. I also am not a fan of the new 700 back....it looks like a step back in style! I will stay with the current model....for this year;)

Upvote 0
Hey guys Im Making a video about the IPAD 3 and its biggest competitor the Transformer Pad Infinity 700, So i put together a list about each device and what it does better then the other. I don't want any Fanyboy comments lets keep this about the facts (if i have missed something out plz let me know)
Thanks

Transformer Pad Infinity 700 (Wifi)

Thinner
Lighter
Bigger screen
Super IPS (higher brightness and less sunlight reflection
Gorilla Glass 2 (thinner, less reflection, more responsive)
microSD, up to 32 GB
Wi-Fi Direct,
8 MP
LED flash
Stereo speakers
Secondary Camera, 2 MP
Faster CPU (Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A9)
GPS
Adobe Flash
Official mobile dock (increases Battery Life, USB Ports)
Plug and play (connect USB peripherals such as game controllers, external hard drives, digital cameras)
Better notification system
True Multitasking
Heavy Customization
Better Google Integration (Google Search, Gmail, GoogleMusic, Crome ect)
Dedicated Back & Multi task buttons
HDMI port
More Free Apps

Ipad 3 (Wifi)

face detection
video stabilization
Back-illuminated sensor
Higher resolution
Cheaper
Faster GPU (PowerVR SGX543MP4)
More Paid Apps
More Accessories
Better Mac Integration (iTunes, iCloud ect)

Reactions: Netherdragon
Upvote 0
The Inifinity's camera should be the one with the higher resolution...unless ASUS downgrades it from the 8MP that the Prime has.
I wouldn't say that the iPad is cheaper until ASUS announces pricing for the Infinity.
I'm not sure that "more apps" is correct. It may be correct that there are more apps designed specifically for the iPad, but on Android, many of the apps have both phone and tablet designs in one app. So I think the numbers are misleading. Also, Android has far more FREE apps.

Also, a coworker brought in his iPad...I was thoroughly unimpressed. I didn't see what was so great about the screen. It was much heavier than the Prime and it was just boring. Woo-hoo...a screen full of icons. :sleep:

Upvote 0
The Inifinity's camera should be the one with the higher resolution...unless ASUS downgrades it from the 8MP that the Prime has.
I wouldn't say that the iPad is cheaper until ASUS announces pricing for the Infinity.
I'm not sure that "more apps" is correct. It may be correct that there are more apps designed specifically for the iPad, but on Android, many of the apps have both phone and tablet designs in one app. So I think the numbers are misleading. Also, Android has far more FREE apps.

Also, a coworker brought in his iPad...I was thoroughly unimpressed. I didn't see what was so great about the screen. It was much heavier than the Prime and it was just boring. Woo-hoo...a screen full of icons. :sleep:

finally an Transformer fan so far were ever iv posted this iv been attacked by ipad fans, but honestly id say this is the fairest comparison you'll ever see of the 2

Upvote 0
I'm all for comparisons between the 2 but I believe this should probable be in the infinity thread.

But anyway, its nice to see a comparison list that's nice and concise but can I offer up a couple of suggestions.

As has been mentioned, Ipad being cheaper should probably wait until we know the official Infinity price.
MicroHDMI port, not HDMI port on the ASUS.
May want to clarify what a Back-illuminated sensor is on the ipad (I know i wasn't sure when i first read it).

Also maybe edit the layout so its not just a wedge of text. I suggest bullet points, maybe underlining the Headers for the products. Only saying this as I actually missed some of the points on my first scan through and was about to post a few things you had missed, but hadn't.

Anything that can help people make up their mind has to be a good thing.

Upvote 0
If you didn't follow the Google IO keynote presentation today, you missed the introduction of the Nexus 7, the anticipated pure-android tablet made by ASUS. Priced at $199, it's set to directly compete with the hot-selling Kindle Fire, which is as far from an Android device it can be while technically still being an Android. But with the Nexus 7, your media can come from Amazon's app store OR all the new offerings being pushed by google via their Play store.

I'm seeing a lot of people pre-ordering the Nexus 7, and I wonder what everyone here is planning to do...

Personally, I prefer the larger screen size and the higher pixel density of the Transformer Infinity. And since ASUS is awesome about not bloating Android with a manufacturer overlay, it means that we'll get a pretty vanilla experience as well as fast updates. Jelly Bean would be right around the corner. So I'd have no problem forking over an extra $300 for the Infinity, except....

Nexus Q. This thing looks very awesome, and it's $300. So I could spend $500 and get a Transformer Infinity, or I could spend $500 and get a Nexus 7 and the Nexus Q.

Oh the first world problems we have :)

Upvote 0
I prefer the larger 10" Tablet size and if money was no object I would choose the Transformer Infinity. If I was on a budget then I would definitely go for the Nexus 7. They're both nice looking devices IMHO

For me, I am kind of thinking I could either get a Transformer Infinity and share it with my Wife or for the same price I could buy two Nexus 7 and we could each have our own =)

~ ArmyX

Upvote 0
I've been waiting for the Infinity, but I pre-ordered the Nexus yesterday.

7" is fine for me for reading and email, etc, and I'm looking forward to Jelly Bean and getting Google OS updates a helluva lot faster than my T-mo Galaxy S2.

For games and movies I want something even bigger than 10". Whoever comes out with a quality 14" tablet will get my money next. :D

Upvote 0
I prefer the larger 10" Tablet size and if money was no object I would choose the Transformer Infinity. If I was on a budget then I would definitely go for the Nexus 7. They're both nice looking devices IMHO

For me, I am kind of thinking I could either get a Transformer Infinity and share it with my Wife or for the same price I could buy two Nexus 7 and we could each have our own =)

~ ArmyX

This is exactly where I'm at.

I'm debating between this and ordering the Nexus 7.

Problem is I don't want just a media consumption device, but my wife does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones