• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please recommend a sturdy case for my Samsung Galaxy S4

GalaxyDrama

Lurker
Sep 24, 2014
Hi ! I want a really sturdy case, this is very important to me more than sleekness and looks. If possible, I'd like to not pay more than $10 (I mean, it's just a case...) I am OK with bulk, it’s not at all a problem. But I don’t want it to be high on the sides where it’s hard to see and feel some of the keys on the screen. I also want the buttons on the side (power, volume) to be uncovered. If they will be covered, then I’d like them to easy to push through the material. I had 2 that were hard to push. In one case I had to remove the case each time, it was a drag but at least the case would easily remove. But the more recent case is sooo tight I can barely remove it. I would also like the case to be pink. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Hi Twister, I see there are 2 Samsung S4 cases you reviewed. I will look further into them. Thank you.

There are definitely more than two S4 cases I reviewed, plus don't limit yourself to S4, look into S5 and Note 2/3 reviews as well. Most of these manufacturers release the same cases for different phones. So if something is not reviewed under S4 you can probably use S5 review as a reference.

Upvote 0
As brittle as the Galaxies are. I wouldn't put anything less than a Defender Otterbox on them, honestly. I'll take protection and bulk over cheap flash n dash. I paid $60 for mine on my Note 3, but that was when they first came out. I got a Defender for my S3 for $20. You may try there.
You can get defender cases on eBay as long as you look in the right places for under 8 bucks never pay rediculous prices for something you can get cheap that's just foolish

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones