• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help PLEEEEASE HELP! A51 5G not registering on Mint Mobile network

spystar

Lurker
Feb 6, 2022
(my phone is A51 5G. I know this is A52 5G forum.)

Hi,
This is my first time posting on any forum - I'm that desperate for help. Thanks in advance.

I joined Mint and cannot get my A51 5G to register on their network and make/receive calls. I've spent several sessions and hours with their support which is useless. The sim activates, I see signal bars, but when I try to make a call FROM the phone, it says cannot connect.. When I try to call TO the phone it goes to vmail. I've tried the various APN settings support suggested and posted on the Internet. I also received a replacement sim but that did nothing, still have the same problem.

HERE"S WHERE IT GETS WEIRD. I have other phones with Mint. One of them is a Galaxy Note 8 which works fine on Mint. When I switch sims between the Note 8 and A51 5G, they BOTH WORK. I can call back and forth between them just fine. When I return the sims back to their original phones, the A51 5G problem comes back. So the A51 5G sim works in other phones and sims from other phones work in the A51 5G. But for some reason the sim that's supposed to work in the A51 5G doesn't.

The only possible thing I can think of is that the A51 5G was originally locked to ATT the first time I inserted and activated the first Mint sim. Maybe this created a bad relationship between the phone and the sim? But this theory hits a dead end because I subsequently unlocked the phone and then got a new sim and the same problem continued.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or maybe where I can even go for in-person help? Will T-mobile bother to help?

Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones