• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help png files?

isaemm

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
NorCal
I have a few videos on my SD card. A couple that were downloaded but most have been recorded with the phone. I have all tha videos sorted into folders so I know which is which. But, today when I opened the gallery to view a picture there was a new folder created called "camera shots" with all the videos in it, or which I thought were the videos. When I opened the folder all the files were a picture of the beginning of each video and were shrunken down so small they are really hard to see. When I looked at the properties of each they all had the file ending in png. Anyone have any idea what png is and has anyone else had your phone recreate the "camera shots" folder without you taking any new pictures or videos?:thinking::thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones