• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

POLL: Froyo - Has your battery life improved?

Has your battery life changed with the Froyo update?

• I haven't noticed any difference

Votes: 59 36.4%
  • My battery life has improved

Votes: 60 37.0%
  • My battery life has worsened

Votes: 43 26.5%

• Total voters
Battery isn't as good for mine either.

For example, unplugged today at 6:15 this morning to go to work. Hour and a half drive to work (don't ask) it's at 80% - Didn't use it during the drive. I've just done some texting and RSS feed reading and it is down to 51% - that's 3.5 hours from being 100% charged and plugged in!!! The battery is also very hot. System stat widget is showing 31.8deg of the phone :(

Upvote 0
My phone is set up the same on 2.2 as it was on 2.1 and I've checked the running services and battery history to make sure nothing significant is different (the rubbish Facebook update is not on my phone) and the battery is definitely draining quicker on 2.2 than it was on 2.1.

Upvote 0
surprised that there are still people who don't know service menu code: *#*#4636#*#*
I know, 'cos its so snappy isn't it. Just rolls off the tongue :p

Maybe it needs a little rhyme like with spelling Mississippi or learning angles :D

On a more serious note, can't say I've noticed any difference with battery life. Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I really feel I have seen a significant improvement in battery life. I used my phone heavily the other day and by time I went to sleep I still had 60%, so I thought, wow, I won't charge it. Easily got through next day with slightly less use. I can now easily get 2 days out of this whereas before I recharged every night

Upvote 0
this morning unplugged phone from charger at 100% dropped 10% in seconds , no apps installed.

This is actually normal. The phone charges to a 100%, and then turns charging off until it drops to 90% and then charges again.

In reality, if your charging over night and unplugging your going to be in between 90% and a 100%. To overcome this, unplug in the morning and wait a min or two and then plug it back in.

Upvote 0
Mine appears to have worsened since installing FroYo last weekend, but have had Juice Defender running for a couple of days so am monitoring what that's doing.

Plus I've since changed my Sense screens and have lots of widgets running, along with live wallpaper, so I know that's going to affect battery.

I have disabled auto-sync though, as I was having problems with it auto-restarting and since I turned auto-sync off, this problem has stopped.

Upvote 0
I'll be totally honest with you bro.
The battery life hasn't improved as I expected Froyo to contain extra features which will save some juice but I was wrong. Although I'm not entirely sure whether its Froyo or if that triggered one of the settings to change without my acknowledgement. I was successfully getting around 12 hours of usage when everything was turned on and constantly used the net, watching videos and totally killing the battery cause I'm a heavy user but now when I do the same stuff I get only about 6 hours. I've noticed a bit of lag when scrolling through my apps but nothing severe, its just so occasional. If your a user who surfs the net around 1.5 hrs per day and rarely phone people (2-3 calls) it shouldn't affect you too much.

Upvote 0
Having had the update a week it seemed like it had made a small difference but now I've had it a while I can honestly say its worsened. I'd struggle to play a game of Crush the Castle now without it dropping 10% withing 10 minutes. Even without playing it to excess or not even touching the game giving the phone average use only sees 20hours charge tops.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones