• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor Touch Screen Sensitivity

wide awake

Feb 23, 2011
I just got my Sensation 4G after going through three different phones in three weeks. I am finding that the touch screen so far is crap. I have to be very precise about everything I do otherwise it won't work. Even pulling the ring up to answer calls or is difficult. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to calibrate the touch screen? Any advice would be appreciated.

I was having the same exact issues as many others seem to be having. After a week of owning it, I had my phone completely set up the way I wanted. I wrote everything down as far as the settings, apps and screen layout, and then I did a factory reset. So far so good. It's been almost another week since I did this and I haven't noticed it again. (knock on wood)

Upvote 0
Go to your home screen, press menu > settings > all the way at the bottom "about phone" > software information > more > your build number should be something starting with 1.45.

If it isn't then you didn't receive the latest update, which is supposed to fix this.

To get the update go back to about phone and hit "HTC Updates" at the top, and then press check now. If there is a update do the steps, make sure its charged.

If you did get a update from this then that is good and let me know how it works out. If there is no update, then I don't know what to tell you, I have only had Touch screen issues while its plugged in.

Upvote 0
Go to your home screen, press menu > settings > all the way at the bottom "about phone" > software information > more > your build number should be something starting with 1.45.

If it isn't then you didn't receive the latest update, which is supposed to fix this.

To get the update go back to about phone and hit "HTC Updates" at the top, and then press check now. If there is a update do the steps, make sure its charged.

If you did get a update from this then that is good and let me know how it works out. If there is no update, then I don't know what to tell you, I have only had Touch screen issues while its plugged in.

Still on version 1.35.666.1, no updates available...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones