• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pop Up Music Menu

I am new to Tasker but love the possibilities that this nifty APP offers.
Here is my issue:
I have tried copying step by step profiles from tasker-wiki but run into some hangups. I am not sure if the list is explaining step by step on older version of tasker or if i am clicking the wrong thing.

The profile I am trying to set up is a pop-up menu of Pandora, SiriusXM, and Waze whenever I plug headphone or aux in.

I pasted the directions below but can't figure out step 3. I don't see a button for layout parameters (the only button I see in the bottom right is a small image that resembles 2 rubix cubes on top of each other???)

Any help would be appreciated
-Rick

This walkthrough is for Tasker 1.2.

1.select the Profiles tab, click New and select State
2.select event category Hardware and event Headset Plugged
Leave the Type set to Any, but if want to specify more granularity you can choose Mic or No Mic depending on your headset type.

3.click the Layout parameter right-image and change it to 'Icon Grid Menu'
4.click + in the bottom left to add an action
5.select category Alert and action Menu
6.click + in the bottom bar to add a menu item
7.click the Action button of the new menu item and select category App and action Load App
8.select the Music application
9.click + in the bottom bar to add another menu item
10.click the Action button of the new menu item and select category App and action Load App
11.select the Pandora application
repeat for any of your other favorite Music related applications to add to the menu. For example, I also have Google Listen in this menu for podcasts.
click Done

I had the same problem. With 1.6 you have to select Alert/Menu to make it work.
Basically disregard step 3 and 4

here's a walkthrough for 1.6:
1.select the Profiles tab, click New and select State
2.select event category Hardware and event Headset Plugged
Leave the Type set to Any, but if want to specify more granularity you can choose Mic or No Mic depending on your headset type.
(tasker should come up automatically with the task edit menu)
3.click + in the bottom left to add an action
4.select category Alert and action Menu.
5.Set title or background image (Optional). Set layout to Icon Grid Menu.
(the menu starts with an item)
6.(click the + at the bottom of the screen then) click the Action button of the new menu item and select category App and action Load App
7.select the app you want, edit options, and click ok.
8.click + in the bottom bar to add another menu item
9.repeat steps 6-8 until you have all your apps in the menu.
10.click Done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones