• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My sister's Eris has been acting up all day today. It randomly goes to the far left screen on its own and stays they and you cannot change to another screen. It also does Verizon they said pull the battery it is a smart phone. It did not do it while we were at VZW or for a time after but it has started up again. Any clues as to what is causing this?

I think some people were having issues with the trackball moving on it's own due to being dirty. Has she tried cleaning it? I've heard alcohol wipes are the best for that.

Other than that... not sure. If all else fails, she'll probably have to do a factory reset. And if that doesn't work, she'll probably get a new Eris if the store can't fix it either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones