• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possible Full OTA 2.2 SBF

I suspected that the fact I had the bootstrapper installed was the reason it kept failing.

I uninstalled the bootstrapper app and ran the other commands via ADB to finish the job.

It made no difference.

I still get this message:

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP> Error sending RAM download for bootloader: Device API Error 0Xe0030009.

Any ideas? I've about given up and am ready to just leave well enough alone and live without the updated radio. I couldn't care less about the bootloader version.

Upvote 0
Ok - so to "wipe" the phone i need to not only install the SBF, but also factory reset?
does it matter which order I do it in? I didnt realize I needed to do the FR, so i just did the SBF, now should I do the FR, or FR and then do the SBF again?

I went one step more and formatted my sd card. I did that because a lot of people that had problems with the OTA fixed it by formatting the sd card so I did it just to make sure.
A wipe is basically a factory reset you just don't have to go into recovery to do a factory reset.

Upvote 0
I read on another site that the 2.2 SBF just won't do the radio/bootloader update... So, I am wondering...

I never did 2.2 OTA. I had the first 2.2 leak that was applied via update.zip, then I rooted and did the 2.3.15 leak. Then I did the 2.2 SBF.

My bootloader is still 30.01 and my radio is still the BP_C_01.09.06P...

Can I do the 2.1 SBF, then the 2.2 OTA to get the bootloader and radio update?

It's not a huge deal, but something I was just thinking about because I really would like the updated radio.

Upvote 0
I read on another site that the 2.2 SBF just won't do the radio/bootloader update... So, I am wondering...

I never did 2.2 OTA. I had the first 2.2 leak that was applied via update.zip, then I rooted and did the 2.3.15 leak. Then I did the 2.2 SBF.

It's not a huge deal, but something I was just thinking about because I really would like the updated radio.

Yes, it is my understanding that is how it has to be done. As long as you are positive you never got the 2.2 OTA then the 2.1 SBF is safe for you to use. Use the 2.1 SBF and then just wait for the OTA.

GMB

Upvote 0

It sounds like you only have the System SBF. You need the full SBF to update bootloader and radio, which is up at rootwikiz.

Upvote 0
Yes, it is my understanding that is how it has to be done. As long as you are positive you never got the 2.2 OTA then the 2.1 SBF is safe for you to use. Use the 2.1 SBF and then just wait for the OTA.

GMB

Thanks. Gonna give it a shot. I am positive I never got the OTA.

It sounds like you only have the System SBF. You need the full SBF to update bootloader and radio, which is up at rootwikiz.

I have the 400+ meg 2.2 SBF file, which is the full file. It errors out when it goes to do the bootloader.

Upvote 0
So, someone please explain to me the steps i need to take to do this. I updated with the first leaked 2.2 update.zip and nothing else.

here are my phone stats:
System Version
Version.2.3.9.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Android Version 2.2

Baseband Version
BP_C_01.09.06P

Kernel Version
2.6.32.9-gfb07887
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Build Number VZW

ERI version
PRL version

If i do this, will i be able to receive future OTA updates?

Thanks for all your help.

BTW I did download this file and the RSDlite 4.8 file.

Steer me in the right direction, oh knowledgeable ones.

Upvote 0
It did not go well. The phone wouldn't boot after I did the 2.1 SBF. It was stuck on the bootloader with a bunch of errors. I thought I bricked it.

I reflashed the 2.2 SBF and all is well. I re-rooted, restored from the backup I did beforehand and everything is back as it was.

Sorry to hear it didn't work.

I decided to roll back to my 2.1 SBF so that I could accept the official update (got froyo through a leak). Everything was successful! Cleared data/cache/dalvic several times in the process, before flashing, after flashing (got stuck at the M) and after the OTA update.

I can happily say that I can connect to my university's PEAP wifi network now, which is frankly a nice surprise, I had guessed it would just be broken. I don't know that anything else is different as of yet.

Upvote 0
So, someone please explain to me the steps i need to take to do this. I updated with the first leaked 2.2 update.zip and nothing else.

here are my phone stats:
System Version

Android Version 2.2

Baseband Version
BP_C_01.09.06P

Kernel Version
2.6.32.9-gfb07887
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Build Number VZW

ERI version
PRL version

I have the same specs and I just got my droid x and I am looking to do the same.

Upvote 0

here are my phone stats:
System Version

Android Version 2.2

Baseband Version
BP_C_01.09.06P

Kernel Version
2.6.32.9-gfb07887
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Build Number VZW

ERI version
PRL version

Can anyone help with this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones