• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible issue with volume during phone calls

Ruboe

Lurker
Dec 9, 2013
My wife just got a Droid Maxx today and the first thing I noticed when she called me is that when we try to talk at the same time, I hear a brief "fuzz" followed by her voice transmission being turned down and then off until I stop talking. We cross talk a lot, so this is going to be a big issue.

Is this some setting in the phone, or did she get a lemon? I called her from a land-line, and she called a couple other people and the same thing happens.

The carrier is Verizon.

My wife just got a Droid Maxx today and the first thing I noticed when she called me is that when we try to talk at the same time, I hear a brief "fuzz" followed by her voice transmission being turned down and then off until I stop talking. We cross talk a lot, so this is going to be a big issue.

Is this some setting in the phone, or did she get a lemon? I called her from a land-line, and she called a couple other people and the same thing happens.

The carrier is Verizon.

In settings, scroll down to about phone and tap it. Does the system version start 12.7.7 or 12.15.15?

If it isn't 12.15.15, tap system updates at the top of that page and see if you can get the update.

The 12.15.15 update that came out in November was supposed to fix voice problems.

One other thing to check: if the phone has a case on it, is the case blocking all of the microphones? There is the obvious one on the bottom front left, that you talk into during a call, but there are two other microphones that help with noise cancellation, and, if they are blocked, that could explain some noise issues. The two other microphones are on top back, just above the right speaker, and the back bottom right, below and to the right of the Verizon logo, where there are three vertical holes for that microphone.

Reactions: Thom and Ruboe
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones