• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

possible issues is this normal?

freshjr

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
I have a couple things I noticed about my Motorola triumph that I scooped up early from best buy and I am hoping you can tell if this is common or did I receive a bad batch

1. screen flickers when turned on off or coming back from standby
2. light leaks from bottom of bezzle
3. lcd color red is darker then should be. it ruins the whole vivid feel the screen gives off. I cant explain it but the red on gmail and youtube is 3 shades darker that it should be. I compared it to my laptop pc and ipod
4. signal drops from 2 to 0 bars without moving the phone. but this might be a virgin mobile issue bc its my first time with there service. north chiccago suburbs. also drops from 4 to 2 to 0 to 2 within feet while driving. signal constantly varies in one place
5. headphone jack output is pretty bad quality. this will not replace my ipod for my car listening or be used with my headphones with this quality

can anyone tell be if this is the norm or should I go and look for an exchange?

4. signal drops from 2 to 0 bars without moving the phone. but this might be a virgin mobile issue bc its my first time with there service. north chiccago suburbs. also drops from 4 to 2 to 0 to 2 within feet while driving. signal constantly varies in one place

i don't have a Triumph (yet) but my signal on Virgin with the Samsung Intercept is pretty strong in the northern suburbs (Northbrook & Prospect Heights) as well as in Chicago.

Upvote 0
I will wait until some people get it so I can compare.

I mean this might be normal.

if it is not is there a master reset on android phones? bc I have a lot of personal data synced withthis one.

There's a factory reset that should return your phone to the way it was when you first turned it on after buying (you will lose everything):

settings > privacy > factory data reset

Upvote 0
i pick mine up later today.... i really hope i don't have a lot of issues with this phone,i'm leaving cricket ...just for this phone!cricket isn't the best carrier,but i can honestly say I've never had a problem with them... so i hope this phone is worth it.

besides what I listed its a great phone.

When you get yours please see if it has the same issues so I know if I should drive over to bestbuy tommorow.

Upvote 0
I got mine yesterday and have been playing with for the past 24 hours.

I've had no sign of the screen flicker (which I've seen in the video.)
No light has been leaking from under the bezel.
My color palette seems to be fine, looking at video and pictures.
My signal is worse with the MT than with the OV. My 3G goes in and out on the MT while the OV always had 2-3 bars.
I just tried the MT out in my car using the headphone jack. Music, music videos and TV programs sound fine. Or as fine as they can be, compressed.
I paired my Bluetooth stereo headphones to the phone and they sound great.

I would say you definitely need to take it back and have it exchanged.

Besides the worse reception, the only problem I've been having is that the screen is sometimes unresponsive. Sometimes it won't let me scroll down, but it'll let me scroll up. Sometimes it won't let me hit an okay button.
But then it gets better so I figure that's not too bad of a problem.

All in all, I'm loving the phone over the Optimus V. Although the palm-size of the OV WAS really nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones