• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible Phone Change

jamala00

Android Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2011
Was just curious if anyone here that has the Inc 4G has looked at the new Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? I was looking at it the other day at Verizon and if I put my Inc 4G on top of it, it is pretty much identical in size. I do like the rear cover of the Inc 4G better then the smooth slippery cover of the Galaxy, but I was actually tempted to get the Galaxy outright to just see if I liked it. It's selling for $349.99 at Verizon now.

I was just debating which phone to get from the Inc4g. My contract was up for renewal on both phones and I didn't really want anything big. It was between the Samsung s4 mini, Samsung s4, and the HTC one (HTC one mini would be nice but not offered on verizon at the moment). The S4 mini seems to lack the specs of the s4 so I went with the HTC one and my wife went with the S4. We both love them and I was afraid the HTC one was going to be too big but I figure I can upgrade in ten months anyways so I pulled the trigger... no regrets.

Upvote 0
I was just debating which phone to get from the Inc4g. My contract was up for renewal on both phones and I didn't really want anything big. It was between the Samsung s4 mini, Samsung s4, and the HTC one (HTC one mini would be nice but not offered on verizon at the moment). The S4 mini seems to lack the specs of the s4 so I went with the HTC one and my wife went with the S4. We both love them and I was afraid the HTC one was going to be too big but I figure I can upgrade in ten months anyways so I pulled the trigger... no regrets.

You go for that new Verizon Edge plan that you get to upgrade again so soon? Both the S4 and HTC One are to big for me. I just learned yesterday that the S4 Mini doesn't have a notification LED?? Seems minimal right? why would you not include that? So what else did they leave off to make it cheap? Guess I will stick with the old Inc 4G until I see what else comes along. Think I need a new battery though.

Upvote 0
You go for that new Verizon Edge plan that you get to upgrade again so soon? Both the S4 and HTC One are to big for me. I just learned yesterday that the S4 Mini doesn't have a notification LED?? Seems minimal right? why would you not include that? So what else did they leave off to make it cheap? Guess I will stick with the old Inc 4G until I see what else comes along. Think I need a new battery though.

Luckily I was fortunate enough to switch to a business account. It seems having a business account, Verizon treats you like 100 times better. I thought the same thing about the S4 and One about the size. Another part the S4 mini lacks in is a dual core 1.5 vs a quad core 1.9 and less ram.

Upvote 0
Luckily I was fortunate enough to switch to a business account. It seems having a business account, Verizon treats you like 100 times better. I thought the same thing about the S4 and One about the size. Another part the S4 mini lacks in is a dual core 1.5 vs a quad core 1.9 and less ram.

Ya, the S4 Mini isn't the S4... I've checked out the specs. But the S4 Mini compared to the Inc 4G... It's a little better specs. But given it doesn't even have the notification LED... I'll Pass. The S4 and HTC One are still to big for my liking though. I just hope in 2014 someone puts out a a decent spec smaller phone.

Upvote 0
Ya, the S4 Mini isn't the S4... I've checked out the specs. But the S4 Mini compared to the Inc 4G... It's a little better specs. But given it doesn't even have the notification LED... I'll Pass. The S4 and HTC One are still to big for my liking though. I just hope in 2014 someone puts out a a decent spec smaller phone.

It seems that no one wants to put top tier specs on a small form factor. It seems there was a point when cell phones kept getting smaller, but now it seems to be going in the opposite direction.

Upvote 0
Hi, just checking in on the Inc4G board. I still do periodically. About six months ago I switched to a Galaxy S4 (full-size) and was very happy with it and found the size was not a problem in my pocket.

Originally I had an Urban Armor Gear case which added to the thickness but gave a nice grippy back to the S4. In December I switched to a flip-cover case with window and the phone is thin again and you can talk on the phone with the cover closed (keeping the screen clean). Even with cover it's slightly thinner than the Inc4G without a cover. The height and width are less than 1/2" taller/wider. The 5" screen fits this size well because the bezels are so small. You may be surprised how small a phone w/ a 5" screen is today. I am glad I made the switch.

Note: I went with a YESOO flip cover with magnetic closure from Amazon instead of the similar $50 Samsung case. The magnetic closure helps protect the screen in case of drops which the Samsung lacks. The "smart" cover also turns the phone off/on and eliminates the need for a lockscreen. I love this phone/cover combo! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones