• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible solution to gliches and battry issues

freedom1911

Feb 2, 2011
It occurred to me today that an issue I have with my phone began after adding an app that I wanted.
I remembered reading that all apps and widgets that are on the home screens remain active even when you are not using them, by design so that they activate quickly etc.
By dragging those apps/widgets back in to the menu/launcher you take them out of the loop that keeps them running in the background.
Thus eliminating software conflicts that can happen over time and unwanted battery use because the apps and widgets are inactive.

That is untrue. Apps on your home screen do not automatically become active nor do they stay active (unless of course you opened it recently). Widgets do only because they are presenting live time info to you, however most have some sort of update interval that you can adjust, in which case, the larger the time frame, the less active it will be.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones