• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Post rooted/flashed admire - NOW WHAT?

can someone tell me what the purpose of overclocking is?

if we cant play high end games or run live wall papers, just what will overclocking due?

Ok I am tired of the live wallpaper cries so I will try and help you with this specific wallpaper. What exactly did it say when you tried to run it?

And overclocking will increase the overall performance of the device, I thought MHz were important to you?? :D

Upvote 0
Well I even downloaded it (something making me feel like I was 11 years old...) anyways it ran fine on my optimus, i did not want to download it on the esteem. Anyways I dont really think this live wallpaper has much to do with hardware but instead with the crappy job the dev did making it.
Based on some of the reviews it didn't even work on the s2 or an evo 3d.
Now back on topic any other questions on the admires potential? :D

Upvote 0
can someone tell me what the purpose of overclocking is?

if we cant play high end games or run live wall papers, just what will overclocking due?

If any developer creates a ROM for the admire should be able to speed up from 800MHZ to 1ghz or above .. gotta speed it up though my is really smooth in all aspects

Upvote 0
^+1
Also do NOT download rom manager and attempt to install a recovery from a different phone. Every phone is a little different and that difference can make your phone into a nice paperweight ;)

YES! I did this the first night i had my admire. Caused it to brick and back a couple months ago i did not find out how to hard reset it so i got it replaced by Metro and now have everything I can do it done with no goofups .. dont attempt this people until one is made for this specific phone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones