• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Battery Life!

WOW, I rarely post but I just had to put in my 2 cents. upon buying it the launch day, I had fun playing with it but the next day would be the test. Next day, took it off charge at 9am, proceeded to do my bike routine, this time with a cycling program that need to have NAV on to monitor my ride. I did a 55 mile road bike ride with Endomono running(cycling monitoring program), Streaming Music through Bluetooth and a few calls. after 3.5 hours I was at 70%. Went to a local pub (to replenish my fluids...lol) made more short calls, checked emails, didn't surf that much. Down to 60+, because i don't know if 60% is 62 or 68, anyways long story short. I went 12 hours and never got beyond 50% of battery left, The other great thing, I actually started using live wallpaper again, totally awesome. I came from the DINC, love the phone, wanted bigger screen, then on to the Thunderbolt, loved it even more, even with it being rooted and extra larger batteries, but would love more battery usage, was going to get the regular Razr for my wife because I was content with the Thunderbolt. WOW, I am so glad I changed, not because of it being a Razr, but because of not bringing extra batteries, not turning down any settings. I have already rooted the phone, only for hotspots, but I don't know if I will add a newer ROM on this device when the become available,,in other words...GAME CHANGER AND GAME OVER. the other boys will really have to step up their game, selling on features caries no merit if there's no JUICE..LOL

Upvote 0
Unplugged mine from the desk-dock at 730am. gps/wifi on all morning. went out for a few hours in the car with blue tooth on, wifi off. Purposely did not plug it in in the car. Probably a dozen phone calls, numerous texts, downloaded a few apps and generally just messed around with it all day. By 1130 pm, (that's 16hrs), was showing 60%. I'm a happy camper.. Coming from my Droid X2 that was plugged in for the hour commute, it would generally get through the 8 hrs at work, but would be 20% by 3pm. charged all the way home, and maybe made it till 10pm. Yes this is one great phone. No 4G at all in this area. So 3G/1X most of the day. I do have LTE turned off so it doesn't search for it.

Reactions: JermDawg2010
Upvote 0
Today will be a good comparison of my usual routine.

With my Thunderbolt and GNex, off the charger around 7am. Talk on the phone on my drive to work, usually about 30-45 minutes and some light browsing of headlines or whatever. Get to work, sits on my desk and by lunch time I would be at 40% with no other use.

Right now, the Battery Left widget is still showing 90%.

I'm sure I will make a couple of calls during my drive home, looking forward to seeing what a normal day of use will be like.

Reactions: JermDawg2010
Upvote 0
Picked mine up at 3 pm, played and charged it to 100%. Off charger at 8 pm, one 15 min call using blue tooth headset, then streamed I heart radio and Tune in radio from 9 pm until 3 am, a couple of short calls and texts and down to 30%.

Today, off charger at 1:30 pm, texts, a few blue tooth calls and I am at 80% at 7 pm.

Now, I do run beautiful widget home, with weather set to refresh every 2 hours, 3 email accounts set to fetch at 1 hour intervals. wifi is off, and bouncing between 3 and 4g around town...

Either I am running to much BS, too often, or it's not what it's cracked up to be... Please chime in...

Your complaining about six and a half hours of use and only burning up 20% of the battery? Might try going back to a blackberry....

Upvote 0
Got a last minute call yesterday to Medic a movie set. Battery 92% when I got on set. Pretty well 9 hours of straight screen on time watching Netflix, You Tube, texting, downloading various games and trying them out. Lots and lots of web browsing and around an hour of voice calls. Got on set at 10:00, left at 18:00. 30% battery left per Battery Left widget which is still in calibration stage. I have never ever used a phone this heavy without plugging in charger all day. This is what I got this thing for, nothing else. No Smart Actions set yet on it.

Upvote 0
Its most likely due to Beautiful Widgets updating every 2 hours. Try setting it to say every 4 or every 8 hours and see how that goes.

Wow I had beautiful widgets set to update every hour..
Ouuuch
But with LTE on background data off, screen to full brightness after 12 hrs of moderate to heavy use batt was down to about 40% after about 12 hrs of use....
I don't like having to turn my screen brightness down to save batt.

Upvote 0
Reached 50% in 16 1/2 hours.

iirc, I think I was hopping back and forth between 4g and 3g that day.

Thats about right, I'm pretty sure I am keeping this phone.
But after my 2weeks is up if it doesn't come before I will put that
leaked update on the Maxx.
It will help with switching between 3g and 4g.
I know though in my heart of hearts I will be keeping this phone..
After adjusting to the slightly extra weight switching too the Maxx from the Razr I am loving this phone..... :p

Upvote 0
I am just amazed at the battery life on this phone. Back to my usual work routine, where my signal is poor, I was at 70% from 6:30 to 5:30. With the rezound, I was usually at 30-35 % by then.

Yesterday, I went from 6:30 am until 1030 pm and still had 50%!!

I am using only 3 g since I do not have 4 g yet.

Upvote 0
Unplugged phone yesterday at work 2:00pm had it on LTE/CDMA.
Got home about 5ish. Eventually put it on Wi-Fi did a little browsing before I went to sleep. Turned off wi-fi left data off. Woke up at 4:am turned on data (no background data) when I got to work at 5:30 I have done a medium amount of texting had one call didn't answer it. Screen is set to full brightness at 3:33pm I am at 50% so that is 25 1/2 hrs of how I would normally use it..
Yes bluetooth on also

Upvote 0
Damn, how do ya kill this thing?!? I've been waiting to post here until I had the battery completely dead, but that's not gonna happen tonight, so here's my summary:

1) Unplugged from charge at 7am, Tues 1/31.
2) On Wifi ever since, nonstop (No 4G/LTE service here yet).
3) Moderate use - some music, browsing, stocks, games - a typical workload.
4) Left off charge Tuesday night.
5) Another typical day of moderate use, all on Wifi.

And so it's been exactly 38 hours since I unplugged it Tuesday morning, and Battery Left shows that I still have 15% in the tank! Unreal!!! I love this phone! :)

Upvote 0
Phone came in today. Didn't charge it when I got it but ran it for 5 hours of constant use. I was downloading tons of apps, streaming music over 3G and just setting things up the way I wanted them. It was at 15% when I put it on the charger. Tomorrow will be the bigger test starting the day with a full charge. I unfortunately don't seem to have 4G at my house but 3G comes in much better then my DINC did. So far this is a great phone and I have been a long time HTC fan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones