• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pre-purchase Rooted Inspire: uh... help? Anyone?

errtex

Lurker
Jul 1, 2011
So... I've searched for HOURS through threads and, though I've learned a lot, I've not found the answers to any of the issues I am having. I'll give you the details first, and any and all advice is GREATLY appreciated...

I had a stock Inspire 4G for a week and dropped it, cracking the screen. Found a slightly used one for sale online and bought it. The guy I bought my used Inspire 4G from told me it was "rooted" with Gingerbread 2.3.4 installed. He also explained something about the H+ being extremely fast because the ROM gb 2.3.4 essentially removed the "throttle" AT&T required on the phone. It was fast... SUPER fast... I mean a 10 minute HQ youtube videos would play instantly and entirely without a single buffer or hiccup. I couldn't figure out how to remove the previous gmail and droid market settings so I did a factory reset (on the phone). The H+ speed is back to normal (it seems), and I can live with that, but the "personalize" option for themes and such is gone. Also, some sites I go to on the phone recognize it as a Desire HD. Weird, right?

ISUE 1: How can I tell what has actually been done to the phoine and can it be retored to "stock" with AT&T apps and all? I remember my original having an FM radio and this one does not... I don't even see one in the app market.

ISSUE 2: I've downloaded the HTC sync to my windows 7 pc but when I hook the phone up with USB the HTC sync does nothing... absolutly nothing... but I can swith the Inspire to "mass storage mode" and see the stuff on the SD card. Am I missing something?

Thanks for reading and thanks again for any help/ideas/reccomendations

-Eric

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones